Char Siew Sauce
CRAVINS Char Siew Sauce is a savoury and sweet marinade that gives the distinctive umami flavour of the Chinese barbecued pork that we always order from our beloved hawker stalls. This ready to use marinade features a perfectly-balanced blend of seasonings and spices will take your meat dishes to the next level.
CRAVINS Char Siew Sauce features 2 unique cooking methods :
1) Traditional Braised method - for the full flavoured experience with a succulent meat texture and a caramalised exterior that will rival your best char siew experience.
2) Quick Stir-fry method - a quick and convenient method without any pre-marination required. Perfect for whipping up a flavourful meal at a moment's notice!
Ingredients: Sugar, Oyster Sauce, Malt, Garlic, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Soy Bean Paste, Salt, Spices, Permitted Colouring
Roasted Char Siew Pork
1. Marinate 1kg of fresh meat (Pork belly with skin removed) with 1 packet of Char Siew Sauce for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Bring 450ml of water to boil in a wok/cooking pan. Add marinated meat and simmer for 20 minutes with lid on. Turn meat over and simmer for another 20 minutes with lid on.
3. Remove lid, switch to medium flame and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to a sticky consistency.
4. Lightly char meat under low flame for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Stir-Fry Meat (No marination needed)
1. Wash and cut 750g of meat into strips.
2. Heat pan with some cooking oil. Sauté a few cloves of garlic until light golden.
3. Add meat and stir-fry on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 packet of Char Siew Sauce and mix well.
4. Cover the pan and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until meat is lightly charred.
5. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.